The global packaged bread market is set to witness growth at a CAGR of 4.6% and top a valuation of US$ 66.5 Bn by 2032.
Bread packaging has not been quite same as before as consumers are looking for more shelf stable products without harsh packaging. When visitors of Green Week in Berlin were asked regarding this, almost 2/3rd of them responded to quit breads with low quality packaging.
However, German consumers prefer different kinds of bread in different packaging, such as frozen breads are preferred in cardboard boxes, while uncut loaves in shrink-wrapped, and sliced bread in plastic bags.
Ask for In-depth Report Sample@
Since millennials, who prefer small portions of packaged bread, wrapped for immediate consumption, manufacturing units are incorporating new machineries to allow inexpensive products packaging without compromising the quality of packaged bread and launching packaging solutions where the product shelf life can be extended. Traditional or passive packaging only focused on protecting the bread from oxygen and molds by wrapping them with synthetic polymers and low gas permeability.
However, a new concept has developed recently, named intelligent packaging or active packaging, in which the packaging is done with functional materials which can interact with bread deliberately for monitoring and extending its shelf life. Nano-packaging is also being researched on by the front runners by using edible and biodegradable films to accomplish environmental requirements which can increase packaged bread shelf life up to 60 days.
Another recent technological development in the market is implementing 3D for exact sorting using Vision-system, an innovative 3D scanner, which can easily handle the image recognition issue on conveyor belts while bread packaging is going on, which can be missed out quite often in an automatic sort resulting into low-contrast unidentified objects and small crumbs in packaged bread which is undesirable.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The packaged bread market is worth of US$ 42.4 Bn sales in 2022.
- The packaged bread market is expected to expand at CAGR of 4.6% through 2032.
- Global packaged bread demand is projected to grow year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of 4.8% in 2022.
- The packaged bread market is growing with a notable boost towards the production to reach US$ 66.5 Bn by 2032.
- Easy availability raw materials, healthy packaging, and improved quality and taste to be the influencing factors among consumers, which is driving sales of packaged bread across global markets.
- Demand for packaged bread grew at 3.7% CAGR between 2017 and 2021.
- Associated British Foods Plc, DuPont Danisco, Fuji Baking Co. Ltd, Angel Bakeries, and Allied Bakeries (Kingsmill) are expected to be the top players in the industry.
- Organically packaged and sandwich bread are in heavy demand from bakery industry carrying a notable market share.
"Extended shelf life of packaged bread by means of intelligent packaging solutions over passive packaging is helping to protect the bread quality with no spoilage by oxygen and molds, using biodegradable and edible polymer films with low gas permeability while including a provisional safety evaluation, which perfectly maintain the taste and flavour of the product for as long as 60 days, boosting demand and ramping up in sales worldwide," says a Future Market Insights analyst.
Key brands associated with packaged bread are focusing on sustainable product developments, while also extending the product lines with several modifications and extensive research procedures to boost the industry growth and to capture more market share in global arena.
- On June, 2021, Delifrance announced partnership with trend consultants Harris & Hayes to arrange a UK-wide retail study in order to explore the wants and needs of British consumers from packaged bread and pastry industry, and encourage them to buy quality products for both at home and out of the home purposes.
- In the year 2020, the brand La Brea went for twin objectives which were aimed at keeping supermarket shelves stocked while also keeping consumers engaged to broaden up the brand share. For instance, the extended product line of the brand featured of French baguettes with improved hydration and flour dusting.
Several other products also improved in features, such as Italian round (increased hydration, flour dusting, darker bake), French loaf (darker bake, lighter interior, flour dusting), whole wheat grain loaf (grains and seeds toppings), and sourdough loaf (darker bake).
For your Concern, Talk to An Expert@
Explore More Valuable Insights
Future Market Insights, in its new report, offers an impartial analysis of the global packaged bread market, presenting historical data (2017-2021) and estimation statistics for the forecast period of 2022-2032.
The study offers compelling insights based on nature (organic and conventional), product type (sandwich bread, rolls & buns, tortillas, pitas & wraps, frozen breads, crisp breads, dough & crusts, and others), and application (bakery products, confectionery items, frozen desserts, and others), across seven major regions of the world.
About Food & Beverage Division at Future Market Insights
The Food & Beverage team at Future Market Insights provides all the necessary insights and consulting analysis to fulfill the unique business intelligence needs of clients worldwide. With a catalog of more than 500 reports pertaining to the latest statistics and analysis from the food & beverage industry, the team is happy to help with every business intelligence research and consulting requirement.
Explore FMI's Other Extensive Reports of Food & Beverage:
Bread Premix Market Size : Growing requirement for ethnic food, along with the popularity of Italian and Mexican food in restaurants, has resulted in increased demand for bread premixes in global market.
Bakery Ingredients Market Share : The global bakery ingredients market is expected to reach a market valuation of US$ 17.9 Billion by the year 2022 end, accelerating with a CAGR of 6.4% by 2022-2032.
Bread Improvers Market Forecast : Demand in the bread improvers market is expected to reach US$ 4.1 Bn in 2022 and is expected to surpass ~US$ 7.9 Bn by 2032
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Unit No: 1602-006
Jumeirah Bay 2
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A
Jumeirah Lakes Towers-
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse All Report: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports
This content is published on behalf of the above source. Please contact them directly for any concern related to the above.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements describe future expectations, plans, results, or strategies (including product offerings, regulatory plans and business plans) and may change without notice. You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements, including the risks that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements.